This article is not applicable to the selected version.
You can only have one form-based authentication method.
Refer to Introduction to Configuring Authentication Methods before proceeding.
- Click the Administration cog on the navigation bar of the Management Center.
- Select in the left navigation menu.
- Choose from the following options:
To expand or collapse each authentication method information section, click the arrow beside the authentication method name. This setting will be saved.
If You Want To
Edit the form-based authentication method
- Click .
- Go to the next step.
Enable/disable the form-based authentication method
- Edit the following fields:
The Method ID displays in the window title. This value is used for context-sensitive help calls and invoking an authentication method via URL. This value is generated by the application and is not configurable.
This field displays the authentication type Form-Based and cannot be modified.
Enter a unique name to identify the authentication configuration.
Enforce minimum password length of x characters
- Select ON to enforce a minimum password length.
- Enter the minimum number of characters required in a password.
NOTE: Select OFF to not require a minimum password length.
Lock user account after x failed sign in attempts
- Select ON to lock a user account after a number of failed login attempts.
- Enter the number of failed attempts that will lock the user account.
NOTE: Select OFF to not restrict the number of failed login attempts.
NOTE: Locked user accounts unlock after 5-10 minutes. This is not configurable.
- Click Save.