In order to start a workflow on a document, the document must be checked into the Server.
Authors can create and start ad-hoc workflows if granted permission from the project administrator. For more information, refer to Specifying Project Settings.
- Go to the document cover page in the Server workspace.
The document cover page for uPerform content is located within the Translations area of the binder.
- Click the drop-down arrow to the right of the action button.
- Click Start Workflow on the left menu.
- Select one of the following options to specify approvers:
Use selected approval group
To use a predefined workflow, select the name.
Use individual approvers added below
- To create an ad hoc list of reviewers, click Users and select the users.
- Use the up and down arrows to set the sequence of reviewers in the approval process.
This option always displays for an administrator. This option displays for an author only if the project administrator has enabled ad-hoc workflow functionality on the project.
- Complete the following fields:
Automatically add this document to the publishing queue when the workflow process finishes. This is only valid for Publishing Administrators or when using the approval group option.
Select this option to publish the document when the predefined or ad-hoc workflow process is complete.
Allow approvers with Editor rights to replace the document (or add new versions) during the approval process
Select this option to enable versioning in workflow.
Number of days for each approver to complete their review
Enter a number to include a due date for the review task.
If no number is entered, the workflow will default to the number entered in the workflow settings.
- Click Save.
- ClickOKSave on the confirmation page.