ANCILE recommends using the Context-Sensitive Help Connections profile available with ANCILE uPerform to provide stay-on-top functionality versus the ActiveX solution for uPerform version 4.1 and later. For more information on how to set up the Context-Sensitive Help Connections profile, refer to the Setting Up Context-Sensitive Help section in the Managing Content manual.
After you have performed the ActiveX mode setup steps in SAP, you must select from one of the following options for installing the ActiveX control on end users' desktops.
End User Install for ActiveX Control
You can elect to have your end users install the ActiveX control upon first access of help content. Please be aware of the following requirements and prerequisites:
- End users must have Administrator rights on their computer in order to download and install the ActiveX control.
- Microsoft Internet Explorer Security Settings for Download signed ActiveX controls set to either Enable or Prompt.
- Microsoft Internet Explorer Security Settings for Script ActiveX controls marked safe for scripting set to either Enable or Prompt.
- Microsoft Internet Explorer Security Settings for Run ActiveX controls and plug-ins set to Enable, Prompt, or Administrator approved.
If "Administrator approved" is selected, the CLSID for the Help Launchpad ActiveX control (i.e., F8A2314A-16E1-48CB-8EE7-A221207CBEEE) will need to be added and its DWORD value set to 00000000 in the HKEY_CURRENT_USER section of the registry. As such, this modification will need to occur on a per-user basis. Please contact your IT department for assistance.
- User acceptance to install and run an ActiveX control signed and distributed by ANCILE Solutions.
If the user declines to install and run the signed ActiveX control, the target content will display without stay-on-top functionality. Furthermore, the user will be prompted with the signed ActiveX control dialog (see the following screen) on all subsequent help page requests until the signed ActiveX control is accepted.
Administrator or System-Managed Install
You can elect to have an administrator install the ActiveX control on all end users' computers. This option can also be used to distribute the control via system-managed networks, such as system management server (SMS) environments. This option is useful if your end users do not have administrator rights to their computers.
The individual performing this install must have administrator rights on all end users' computers.
Ensure the Help Launchpad files reside on a network location before proceeding.
- Select Command Prompt window. to open the
- Enter the directory path location of the rwdsot.exe file.
- Press Enter.
- Perform one or more of the following:
If You Want To
Execute the installation with the progress dialogs displayed. No user interaction is required.
- Type rwdsot.exe at the command line prompt.
- Press Enter.
Execute the installation with no progress dialogs displayed. No user interaction is required.
- Type rwdsot.exe /S at the command line prompt.
- Press Enter.
- When installation is complete, type exit at the command line prompt.
- Press Enter to close the Command Prompt window.
This installation will place the ActiveX .ocx file into the following folder on each user's computer: c:\program files\infopak\help launchpad\activex. The installation includes an uninstall feature that can be accessed via the Control Panel Add/Remove Programs.