This article is not applicable to Cloud versions.
You can automatically populate your website structure by leveraging the properties and associated property values specified within your template and stored within the content. To enable use of this functionality, you perform the following steps:
- Enable built-in properties or create custom properties in your template. For example, you might designate Category 1 as Business Process. Refer to Specifying New Template Settings: Properties for detailed information on properties.
- Specify possible values for these properties in your template. For example, possible values for Business Process might include Sales Orders, Personnel Management, and Accounts Payable.
- Specify the hierarchy of the properties in your template. For example, Category 2 - Role - might be subordinate to the Business Process property. Refer to Specifying General Settings: Information for detailed information on specifying property hierarchy.
- Ensure the template is accessible from a location for your users to download.
- Instruct your authors to specify values for all applicable categories in each file.
You are then ready to import content and automatically structure the website based on the content properties.
Importing Content Links
- Select Insert > Insert Multiple Links... to import one or more folders containing your content.
- Navigate to the folder location.
- Click OK. NOTE: Refer to "Automatically Organizing the Website" below for detailed instructions on automatically organizing the imported content based on the content property values.
- Select Tools > Organize Website. NOTE: A warning message displays indicating that the current website structure will be overwritten.
- Click OK. NOTE: The Pages task pane is updated to reflect the properties and hierarchy specified in the template. Links to imported content are added to pages based on the property values specified in the content.