Documentation you plan to integrate with Solution Manager must be created from within Solution Manager. When you elect to create a new document or recording, Solution Manager will launch the Editor to enable document creation, recording, editing, and check in/check out functionalities.
|NOTE:||Solution Manager assigns a GUID to a uPerform document to allow check in and check out from Solution Manager. The GUID is assigned when a document is created within Solution Manager. The GUID cannot be added to an existing uPerform document.|
Solution Manager and uPerform integrate via a locking and unlocking system. When a query is made in Solution Manager, Solution Manager sends a request to the Server to lock the document against any other activity queries that may be called. In the application, the requester will see Locked by Solution Manager <User Name> on the cover page. When the document is unlocked in Solution Manager, the lock in the Server is released.
|NOTE:||SAP introduced the ability to configure a locking feature in its Solution Manager SP20 release. This option locks the document, as well as any other documents associated with the tab. It is recommended not to use of the lock functionality introduced with SP20, and recommends the use of document management functionality, which includes a document locking mechanism. For more information on document management functionality using uPerform, refer to the companion manual Managing Content.|
The following prerequisites apply to creating documentation with Solution Manager:
- A connection must be specified between Solution Manager and the Server. For more information, refer to Specify a Connection with Solution Manager.
- Documentation types and users must be mapped to the Server. For more information, refer to Create Projects and Users in SAP Solution Manager and Create and Map Document Types and Register Outputs.
- You must specify a connection to the Server via the Editor.
|NOTE:||Solution Manager Recording Notes: The application supports recording from the Transaction tab in the SOLAR01 and SOLAR02 transactions in Solution Manager. To enable recording from the Configuration tab in SOLAR02, SAP Note 1383018 must be implemented to have this option available. The application only supports recording from the “transaction” and “program” types within these Solution Manager tabs.|
Creating New Content for Use with SAP Solution Manager
- Start the transaction using the SOLAR01 transaction code.
- Select the Transactions tab.
- In the Type column, select a blank row. If the table is already populated with the desired transaction code, select that row and proceed to Step 8.
- Select Transaction from the drop-down list.
- In the Logical component column, select the integrated environment you wish to record.
- In the Object column, enter a transaction code pertaining to the new content.
- Press Enter. The Name column will be automatically populated with the functional transaction code name.
- Click to display the Assign Productivity Pak Document Information window.
- Complete the following fields: Field Description Title Enter a title for the new content. Documentation Type Select uPerform Document. Status Select a status from the drop-down list. Create New Document or Create New Recording Select the Create New Document radio button to create a new document. Select the Create New Recording radio button to create a new recording. Selecting these options will open the Editor and Recorder, and automatically launch the transaction code specified in Step 6.
- Click the green check. NOTE: The name and document type are automatically populated.
- Select a language from the Language drop-down list.
- Select a project from the Project listbox.
- Select a template from the Template listbox.
- Click Browse ... to specify a save location in the Location listbox.
- Click OK.
- Refer to "Recording Procedural Content" and "Editing and Formatting" in the companion manual Creating Content.
- Check in the document using the procedures described in Checking In a Document for Management with SAP Solution Manager.
|NOTE:||Only documents created from within Solution Manager can be checked into the Server for management with Solution Manager. For more information, refer to Create Documentation for Integration with SAP Solution Manager.|
- In the Editor, select File > Check In > Check In Current....
- Select the project to which the document is assigned.
- Click OK.
Displaying, Editing, and Deleting a Document
- In Solution Manager, select the Proj. Documentation tab.
- Click the box next to the document you want to display, edit, or delete.
- Perform one of the following options:
If You Want To
Open the document in display mode to review without making any changes
Display attributes for the document
Displaying attributes will lock the document in Solution Manager and in the Server.
Open the document in edit mode to make changes
- Click .
- Edit the document using the processes described in the "Editing and Formatting" chapters in the companion manual Creating Content.