In order to start a workflow on a document, the document must be checked into the Server.
- Administrators can create predefined workflow groups from the Server workspace. These workflow groups are available to all projects on the Server.
- Authors can create and start ad-hoc workflows if granted permission from the project administrator. For more information, refer to Specifying Project Settings.
Creating a Workflow
- Click Workflow on the left menu to display a list of existing workflow groups.
- Click New Workflow.
- Enter the following information:
Enter the name of the workflow group.
Enter optional amplifying information about the workflow.
Click Users to add users to the workflow group.
- After selecting the users, use the up and down arrows to the right of the Members list to set the sequence of reviewers in the approval process.
- Click OK.
Starting a Workflow
- Go to the document cover page in the Server workspace.
The document cover page for uPerform content is located within the Translations area of the binder.
- Click Start Workflow on the left menu.
- Select one of the following options to specify approvers:
Use selected approval group
To use a predefined workflow, select the name.
Use individual approvers added below
To create an ad hoc list of reviewers, click Users and select the users.
Use the up and down arrows to set the sequence of reviewers in the approval process.
This option always displays for an administrator. This option displays for an author only if the project administrator has enabled ad-hoc workflow functionality on the project.
- To publish the document when the predefined or ad-hoc workflow process is complete, select the Automatically add this document to the publishing queue when the workflow process finishes. This is only valid for Publishing Administrators or when using the approval group option. checkbox.
- To enable versioning in workflow, select the Allow approvers with Editor rights to replace the document (or add new versions) during the approval process checkbox.
- Enter a number in the Number of days for each approver to complete their review: text box: to include a due date for the review task. If no number is entered, the workflow will default to the number entered in the workflow settings.
- Click Save.
- Click OK on the confirmation page.