Three types of users are available: end user, author, and administrator. Within the administrator designation there is a further subgrouping of administrators:
- System administrator: has administrative access to the entire instance.
- Project administrator: has administrative access to one or more projects within the instance.
- Glossary administrator: has administrative access to glossary functionalities.
- Publishing administrator: has administrative access to publishing functionalities.
Roles are used to determine administrator and author access to content within the Server, and also to set up end user access to projects that are published on the Learning Library end user website.
Groups are an optional functionality that can be used to restrict content access to a subset of users specified by the administrator or based on user attributes.
The end user population can access content via one of two account types:
- Anonymous: No login to the uPerform website is required. If users access the website anonymously, they will not have access to personalization options such as subscriptions and favorites. An anonymous user can request an account. This request sends a message to the Help Desk folder on the Server. The system administrator can act on this request to create a named account.
- Named: The system administrator can create a named user account and assign the user to specific groups and roles.