The test script publication publishes an XML file formatted for use in a Microsoft Excel spreadsheet. If you are using HP Quality Center version 10.0 or higher, the publication will also publish an "Images" folder containing images that correspond to each step in a document created by the application. The XML file contains paths to the images, which are automatically attached to the steps in HP Quality Center version 10.0 or higher.
This document type is available only from the Editor. For more information on installing and configuring the Microsoft Excel Add-In, refer to the "Microsoft Excel Add-In Guide" provided with your supported version of HP Quality Center.
The following provides an overview of how to enable and produce a test script publication:
- Enable Test Script on the Publications tab in the template.
- Publish the test script from the Editor.
- Open the test script in Microsoft Excel. Only the step text will be published in the Excel Spreadsheet (XML); no images will display.
- Complete the Subject and Expected Results columns fields. Documents do not contain a field that represents these values.
- Upload the test script to HP Quality Center using the Microsoft Excel Add-in.