Storing content in the Server provides several benefits to managing your content:
- Security features to manage access
- Centralized storage for backup purposes
- The ability to maintain a version history of content and rollback to a previous version
- Workflow functionality to route content through reviewers
- The ability to publish eLearning courses to a Learning Management System (LMS)
The process of adding content to the Server is called check in. The process of downloading content from the Server to your local computer for editing purposes is called check out.
When content is checked into the Server, the title on the content cover page is labeled (document), (course), (student guide) or (course package).