Guided Re-Record functionality allows you to recreate steps from an original document into a new document, as well as capture translated screen images and graphics.
When you open an existing document and select to Re-Record, a guide pane opens in the recorder preview pane to display the guide steps. Use the guide steps to help you recreate the required actions in the target language.
Re-Record Prerequisites: Before You Get Started
Before you initially record a document that will eventually be re-recorded, you must:
- Review Capturing Controls in the Target Application for an overview of recorder capabilities, limitations, and the steps you must take to capture specific objects.
- Review recording preparation guidelines and recorder options as specified in Specify Document and Simulation Editor Options.
- Select the desired language(s) for Re-Record within the template as specified in Specifying General Settings: Languages.
- Use the following guidelines to help ensure a smooth re-recording session:
- Ensure the desired target languages are installed in the application to be recorded.
- Use the pause feature if you must take a break. Stopping the re-recording will end the session.
- Do not move action notes; simply perform the action as guided. If you think you will need to adjust the position before re-recording, perform the adjustment in the original source document before you start the re-recording session.
- Ensure you are re-recording with the same screen resolution as the original content.
- Add any additional information to the resulting document via the Insert > Steps functionality in the Editor; however, if you need to pause the recorder to record additional steps into a document based on a language-related change in process, ensure you resume the guided re-record functionality before continuing.
- Do not resize or move windows during a session.
- Perform only the actions necessary to perform the tasks being documented.