For more information on specifying Document and Simulation Editor options, refer to Specify Document and Simulation Editor Options.
The following basic configuration settings can be specified in the Editor from themenu. Prior to using the Editor to create content, you should review these settings and determine the best options for your needs:
- Appearance: Enable or disable the Quick Start panel and specify the language of the Editor interface. The following languages are supported: Bulgarian, Catalan, Chinese (Traditional), Chinese (Simplified), Croatian, Czech, Danish, Dutch (Belgium), Dutch (Netherlands), English (US), English (UK), Finnish, French (Canada), French (France), German, Greek, Hungarian, Indonesian, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Norwegian, Polish, Portuguese (Brazil), Portuguese (Portugal), Romanian, Russian, Spanish, Swedish, Thai, and Turkish.
- Server Interaction: Specify to always lock content when opening content from the Server. For more information, refer to Specifying Interaction with the Server.
- Logging: Specify the level of logging you want to record. The higher the log level, the more information the application will log. For details on setting log levels, refer to Specifying Logs.
- File Types: Make the current application the default application for the listed file types or choose the file types that you want to open by default.
- Auto Save: Select to have the Editor automatically save documents as you work. For details, refer to Specifying Auto Save Settings.
- Audio: Specify recording device and quality for audio files created with the Editor. For details, refer to Specifying Course and Simulation Audio Options.
- Document Editor: Set the maximum screen size. For details on configuring the Document Editor, refer to Specifying Document Editor Options.
- Simulation Editor: Set options to control the display of Simulation Editor features. For details on configuring the Simulation Editor, refer to Editing and Formatting: Procedural Content.
- Filters: Highlight steps in the task pane as a warning icon. For details on setting step filters, refer to Specifying Filter Options.
- Course Editor: Set options to control the display of Course Editor features. For details on using the Course Editor, refer to Editing and Formatting: Courses.
- Manage Local Templates: Import, export, and remove local templates. For details on managing local templates, refer to "Managing Local Templates" in the companion manual Managing Content.
- Manage Local Custom Skins: Import, export, remove, check-in, or preview custom skins. For details on managing local custom skins, refer to "Managing Custom Skins" in the companion manual Managing Content.
- File Scrubber: Allows you to scrub checked-in content of all content properties that relate the content to the Server. For details on using the file scrubber, refer to Using the File Scrubber.
- Recorder: Elect to capture only the target application during recording (ignoring applications other than the selected application), or elect to capture only the window for the active application(s).
- Server: Set general and proxy server connections and options. For details on setting general Server settings, refer to Specifying Interaction with the Server. For details on proxy connections, refer to Specifying and Bypassing Proxy Settings.