The application allows users to import and export author template phrases via the XML Localization Interchange File Format (XLIFF) for translating template content in to multiple languages. When a template is exported, one XLIFF file will be created for each language. When a template is imported, it is updated to contain the translated phrases.
The file is formatted to facilitate translation by displaying the source (original) text co-located next to the target translated text.
The XLIFF file can be edited in Notepad, in an HTML editor, or via a specialized XLIFF editor such as Xliff Editor or Heartsome.
- Open a template in the Editor.
- Choose from the following options:
If You Want To
Export template phrases
- Select .
- Select the language(s) you want to export.
NOTE: Select the template name at the top of the list to select all languages.
- Optionally, click ... to browse to an export location for the language file(s).
NOTE: Only the template content will be exported. Any depending application content will not be represented in the output.
- Click Export.
- Click OK.
Import template phrases
- Click ... to browse to the location of the language file(s) to import into the template.
- Select the template and language(s) to import.
- Click Import.
- Click OK.
NOTE: The template is now updated to include the translated phrases, and will be included in content using that template.