System or project administrators can ensure the Learning Library end user website content is current by setting project or system-level retention policies. Once you have published a document, the project retention policy will begin to track that document (including uPerform documents, managed documents, and Info Pak documents). The only documents not covered by retention periods are Student Guides, course packages, and web documents. Once the document has reached the implemented number of days, the Server can perform one of the following:
- Remove published content from the Learning Library end user website.
- Send a notification to the author that the content is expired.
- Create an edit content task.
Administrators can change the periodicity and policies for each retention policy. There are many reasons to implement a retention policy:
- Ensure accuracy of the project documentation
- Comply with legal requirements
- Meet business goals regarding return on investment
Adding a Retention Policy
- Click the Projects button in the Server workspace on the navigation bar of the Management Center.
- Click on the project name.
- Click the drop-down arrow to the right of the action button.
- Click Retention Period.
- Complete the following fields:
Enable retention periods for this project
Select this option to allow Administrators to implement a retention policy on the current project.
Number of days content is valid
Enter the number of days until the actions that follow are triggered.
Remove Published Content
Select this option to remove the expired, published content from the accessible Learning Library end user website.
Select this option to notify the author and any subscribers to the document that the document has expired.
Create Edit Content Task
- Select this option to create an edit content task for the expired, published content.
- Enter the Edit Content Task Duration, as needed.
- Select the Edit Content Task Release, as needed.
Apply these settings to existing content with retention periods
Select this option to update project content with the updated retention policy.
- Click Save.
Server retention notifications are executed hourly. Notifications will be triggered on the next available retention process after the content has expired. For example, content that expires on 6 June 2013 11:48AM will not have notifications sent until 12PM on 6 June 2013 rather than immediately.