What Happens During Guided Re-Record?
Guided Re-Record is a simple, flexible way to create translated content for a wide range of applications. Guided Re-Record can be used on any .udc file.
During the guided Re-Record process, the application displays an on-screen script that you can follow while recording a new document in a different language. Guided Re-Recording displays a list of screens and steps from a previously recorded document, and prompts you with the steps to take to record the same steps again in the target application.
Guided Re-Record screen prompts display as:
- A new pane in the recorder toolbar that displays the list of steps in the original file
- An action hotspot directly on the application screen that indicates where the next action should occur
- An action note that displays the action text for the step
Using Guided Re-Record
- Open the document to be Re -Recorded.
- Select .
- If presented with the prompt, choose from the following options:
If You Want To
Save the changes
- Select one of the available language(s) from the Languages drop-down list.
- Click ... to select an Outbox location.
- Click OK.
- Click Re-Record.
- Click to begin the Re-Record process.
- Use the guide pane as a prompt to assist in recreating the steps in the target application.
- Optionally, perform one of the following during the Re-Record process. If the toolbar is hidden, right-click on the recorder icon in the system tray to access these functions.
If You Want To
Pause the Re-Record guide script
- Use the guide script pause feature if you need to record an additional language-based step that is not part of the original document.
- Ensure you click when you are ready to resume the Re-Record guide script.
Pause the recorder
- Click .
- Use the record pause feature if you need to take a break from recording and Re-Recording.
- Ensure you click when you are ready to resume recording. If you have also paused the Re-Record guide script, ensure you click to resume.
Stop the Re-Record process
- Click .
- Use the stop feature only when you are finished Re-Recording. The stop feature ends Re-Recording for the document.
Hide the Re-Record pane
Hide or show the guide pane
Hide or show notes
Hide or show hotspots
View step details
Click to open an additional step detail pane to help ensure you re-record the correct information.
- Click to stop the guided Re-Record process.
The re-recorded document will open in the Editor.