- From the Editor, select .
- Enter a name in the File name field.
While there is no limit to the amount of characters in the name, the Server will display only the first 60 characters.
- Select one of the following options from the Type drop-down list:
If You Want To
Create and record a new document
Create a blank document
Create a course
Create a template
Create a student guide
Select Student Guide.
Create a course package
Select Course Package.
- Select a template from the Template listbox.
- Select a language from the Language drop-down list.
This option is not available for course packages.
- If you are working in connected mode, select a project from the Project listbox.
- Click Browse ... to select a location in which to store your content.
The default location is C:\Users\[username]\Documents.
- Click OK.
- If you selected Course, refer to Selecting A Course Stencil to choose the appropriate stencil.
- Click OK.
For more information on editing and formatting, refer to Editing and Formatting: Procedural Content, Editing and Formatting: Courses, Editing and Formatting: Student Guides and Course Packages.
- Create the document using the appropriate application (for example, Microsoft PowerPoint).
- For additional information on checking managed documents into the Server, refer to Checking In a Managed Document.