This article is not applicable to Cloud versions.
On a periodic basis, perform the following routine tasks on the servers:
- Periodically reboot the application server.
- Defragment the server disk drives to improve daily performance.
- Periodically change the administrator password on all servers.
- Review the following log files:
Microsoft Windows Event Viewer (on all servers)
[Install Location]\Collaboration\log\CollabConsole.txt (on the application server; logs all activity, including errors, deleted users, server property changes, and logging levels)
[Install Location]\[applicationdirectory]\logs\ServerErrors.xml (on the application server; logs Glossary activities)
- Periodically install Microsoft Windows hotfixes and patches. Execute Windows Updates manually on the database server and search server as automatic updates may reboot servers periodically. This practice minimizes the chance of the server rebooting while the application is running.
Prior to installing operating system and/or database upgrades, contact support to confirm the upgrade is supported.
- Check the CPU and memory utilization of the servers.
- Database integrity checks on the database server:
Check the amount of free space.
Check the integrity of the backed up databases.
- Install and operate spyware and virus prevention software on the servers. For more information, refer to Virus Scanners.