This article is not applicable to Cloud versions.
To configure HTTPS for the Server, you will perform three procedures:
- Install the HTTPS certificate to the Collaboration website.
- Add the HTTPS certificate to the Java list of trusted certificates.
- Configure uPerform using the Configuration Wizard.
Configuring HTTPS Protocol
- Select .
- Select the local computer name.
- In the Features view, double-click Server Certificates.
- Under Actions, click Create Certificate Request.
- Complete the IIS Certificate Wizard to install the certificate. Information for the IIS Certificate Wizard can be found at: http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/cc731977%28v=ws.10%20%29.
The Server blocks SSL 2 and SSL 3 (the unsecure protocols); however, they are not disabled in IIS. Disabling SSL 2.0/3.0 must be done manually through IIS. TLS 1.0, TLS 1.1, and TLS 1.2 are supported. The same certificate is generated with the specified protocols for the Server to use.
- Under Connections, expand [Computer Name], then Sites.
- Select the Collaboration website.
- On the right side, click Bindings.
- Click Add.
- For Type select https.
- For port enter the port for SSL, typically 443.
- Under SSL certificate, select the certificate that was created.
- Click OK.
- Click Close.
- In the Features view, double-click SSL settings.
- Select the Require SSL and the Require 128-bit SSL checkboxes.
- Click Apply.
- Under Client Certificates, select the Ignore option.
- Under Actions, click Apply.
- Run the command prompt as an administrator.
- On the command line, enter cmd.
- Click OK.
- On the command line, enter [InstallDirectory]\java\bin\keytool -import -alias uperform -file "[CertificateLocation]\[CertificateFilename]" -keystore "[InstallDirectory]\java\jre\lib\security\cacerts"
[InstallDirectory] is the location where uPerform is installed. For example: "C:\VignetteOpenText\Collaboration."[CertificateLocation] is the directory which contains the certificate. [CertificateFilename] is the filename of the certificate (including the extension).
- Enter the password for the certificate. The default password is changeit.
- Click OK.
- At the prompt to trust the certificate, enter Y to trust the certificate.
- Click Enter to trust the certificate and complete the process of adding the certificate to the java keystore.
- Close the command line window.
- Locate the ConfigurationWizard.exe file in the [Install Location]\Collaboration\uPerform\ms folder.
- Double-click the ConfigurationWizard.exe file.
- Click Allow, if prompted.
- Select Connection Information.
- Click Start.
- Change the IIS website port to the SSL port (typically port 443).
- Enter the Collaboration server port (typically 8080).
- Select HTTPS from the Protocol drop-down list.
- Enter the External Server DNS Hostname.
- Click Configure.
- Click No to close the Configuration Wizard.
- Restart IIS.
- Navigate to the uPerform website. For example: https://[servername].
The browser might display a certificate warning depending on the type of certificate used.