You can enforce a minimum password length and lock a user account after invalid logon attempts when using form-based authentication. Refer to xx for more information on defining these in the authentication method settings.
To edit a user password, refer to xx to access the reset password email.
User passwords must be changed during server configuration. You can configure user password settings to enforce minimum length or to require a password change after initial logon.
In addition, to increase security on the Server, you can configure the "admin" password. To configure the password, you must have system administrator access to the Server and administrative access to the application server.
Editing User Password Settings
- Click the Administration on the left menu cog on the navigation bar.
- Click Server Administration in the Administration area.
- Click Global Settings in the Server Administration area.
- Select in the left navigation menu.
- In User Password Settings area, choose from the following options:
For assistance recovering lost Admin passwords, contact support.
User password settings do not apply when SSO is enabled.
If You Want To
Enforce a minimum password length
- Select Enforce minimum password length.
- Enter a number greater than zero in the Minimum password length field.
This setting is not forced on existing manually-created and file-created users until they manually change their passwords.
Lock a user account after invalid logon attempts
- Select Lock user accounts after invalid logon attempts.
- Enter a number greater than zero in the Number of attempts field.
Require users to change their password after their first logon and any time the account is locked
Select Require password change after initial logon and after an account is unlocked.
This setting is not forced on existing users until they manually change their passwords.
- Click UpdateSave.
Editing the "admin" Password
- Log into the Server using the account associated with the admin user ID.
- Click on the username in the top banner.
- Select on the left pane.
- Click Edit Properties in the left pane.
- Confirm the User IDUsername is admin.
- Enter a new password in the Password field.
- Confirm the password in the Password Confirmation field.
- Click Save.