To perform the steps in this checklist, you must have access to the Collaboration and Glossary databases with administration privileges. You will also need the username and password that was created for the Collaboration database.
- Download the appropriate Server executable from the ANCILE Intelligence Hub or SAP Service Marketplace. Refer to Software Download Instructions.
- Download the appropriate client application executable from the ANCILE Intelligence Hub or SAP Service Marketplace. Refer to Software Download Instructions.
- Back up any existing customizations, i.e. website skin customizations located on the server in the [install directory]\Collaboration\WWW folder or any template customizations located in the Resources folder of the client application.
- Back up the ucontent folder located on the application server in the [install directory]\Collaboration\WWWfolder.
- Back up the ipcontent folder (if it exists) located on the application server in the [install directory]\Collaboration\WWW folder.
- Back up the Collaboration and Glossary databases.
Server Installation Steps
- Execute the Server installation as described in the Upgrading an Existing uPerform Server section in the Administration manual.
- As needed, perform the post-installation server configuration steps found in the Configuring the Server and Specifying Authentication Types sections of the Administration manual.
- As needed, perform steps to run SQL Query.
If you are using SQL Server, the upgrade process runs a check for the READ_COMMITTED_SNAPSHOT command. If the check fails or is set incorrectly, you must run the command after the installation is complete.
- Perform the post-installation Post Upgrade Verification Checklist steps that immediately follow the upgrade instructions in the Administration manual.
Client Installation Steps
Execute the client application installation on the authors’ local computers.
You can upgrade to 5.4 directly from version X.XX or higher. If you are upgrading from an earlier version, you will need to download and install one or more intermediate versions before installing version 5.4. Please submit a support ticket for more information on the upgrade path you will need to take.
For Customers Downloading Software Directly from ANCILE
- Go to the ANCILE Intelligence Hub (https://support.ancile.com).
- Enter your support site login credentials.
- Select the Software Downloads link.
- Select uPerform Server Package v X.XX (where X.XX is the version number, for example: 5.10) and click Save to download the Server executable to your local drive.
- In the Downloads section, select the uPerform Client Package v X.XX (where X.XX is the version number, for example: 5.10) and click Save to download the client application executable to your local drive.
For Customers Downloading Software from SAP Service Marketplace (licensed through the SAP Global Maintenance Agreement)
See How Can I Submit Tickets, Download Software, and Obtain Product Keys for ANCILE Products via SAP? (Outside US and Canada only) on the ANCILE Intelligence Hub for more information.
For More Information
See the Online Guide to Upgrading Your uPerform Environment: Part 1 – Preparation and the Online Guide to Upgrading Your uPerform Environment: Part 2 – Performing the Upgrade on the ANCILE Intelligence Hub.